Monday 25 July 2011

3 from yesteryear; Roskilde

Roskilde is a festival that goes off once a year, in June. It is in southern Denmark. I don't know much about Denmark; kroners, cold, Copenhagen, beer and Roskilde. Nothing wrong with Denmark I've just never really found it interesting, it never makes the effort, never sends a card or anything.

Roskilde though seems to be the bees-knees. I have been scooting about the interweb like a deranged mole all morning (read afternoon) seeking out the best of the bunch of recorded performances.

Bob Marley all the way back in 1978 is the first one.

One of the top comments reads;


Oh..that beautiful Danish summer of '78...those rhytms, the crowd in front of the 'store scene' was like a boiling jamming ocean. I was in front of the stage, enjoying the concert with a beautful Danish girl (daugther of a priest) who ended up staing in my tent.. Nobody can go unaffected of Marley's rhytms. He died the next year, glad I got to hear him live. What a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment