Wednesday 14 December 2011

From there to here: Slowdive to Mojave 3

Apologies for the text and colour etc, it just started happening I don't know how to get rid of it. 
Slowdive, one of those Creation Records bands; Alison


'I'll wear your clothes when we're both high
Alison I said were sinking
but she laughs and tells me its just fine'



Somehow the three lines really manage to convey who and where Alison and the persona are in their lives. The soft ambient swirling of the guitars and the formidable yet tender wall of sound is simply breathtaking. It feels like swimming in some sort of warm vibrating jelly-like substance




Mojave 3 rose like a phoenix from the flames of Slowdive.Neil Halstead, Rachel Goswell and Ian McCutcheon (potentially a relative of Martine McCutcheon whom I found very arousing in Love Actually). Their sound is a folked out more acoustic version of Slowdive the vocalists are the same. Ask Me Tomorrow is a lovely album a really mellow, warm yet haunting effort. The opening track Love Songs On The Radio is my pick of the lot upon initial listens. The closing track Mercy is equally wonderful.






No comments:

Post a Comment