Saturday 30 April 2011

4 to flitter and waste the hours in an offhand way

Saturday is a fantastic day, I like the way it stretches out before one in the morning promising all sorts of extravagant happenings yet so often dissolves into blissful laziness. I have wasted this Saturday lying in my bed and generally doing as little as possible, trying not to move at all!

I have spent most of the day listening to the music and so have put together a little playlist for you to enjoy.

A nice short playlist for you

Cass McComb - County Line

A wonderfully tender sparse song. I absolutely love his echoing vocals at the end of some of the lines. The careful unobtrusive yet equally beautiful instrumental work makes me truly love this song already. McComb's album Wits End is highly rated by Pitchfork and is an absolute must listen.

The Antlers - Every Night My Teeth Are Falling Out

Yes, The Antlers again! This time from the new album; Burst Apart. There is a brilliant strain in the opening vocals and the guitars bounce around in a wonderful melodic arrangement

Saltillo - I'm On The Wrong Side

Saltillo is my favourite new artist. The album Ganglion is a trip-hop fused with classical cello eargasm. I cannot even begin to compare it to anything else as I have not yet heard anything like it. Get listening! I will have an email interview with Saltillo in the coming weeks.

The Telescopes - And Let Me Drift Away

Now for a little bit of Space Noise from Straffordshire and The Telescopes. This song sounds a little bit early Barret Pink Floyd and has the expected jingle jangle of crazy rhythms.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment